viernes, 19 de octubre de 2018

Blues-Rock Guitarist Jim Allchin New "Prime Blues" is Red Hot!

Jim Allchin
Prime Blues 
Critically Acclaimed Blues-Rock Guitarist, Songwriter and Vocalist 
Jim Allchin Announces Prime Blues,
His Newest LP, Released September 21, 2018
Produced by Grammy® and Blues Music Award Winner Tom Hambridge and featuring a team of veteran studio and touring professionals including special guests Bobby Rush and Mike Zito
Jim Allchin, the American blues-rock guitarist, philanthropist, and a former software executive, is releasing his fourth widely distributed contemporary blues album: Prime Blues, produced by Producer and Grammy®, ASCAP and Blues Music Award winner Tom Hambridge, whose production credits include: Buddy Guy, Marcia Ball, Susan Tedeschi and James Cotton, among many others.

Prime Blues features 14 new tracks performed by an all-star group of musicians including: bassist Glenn Worf, rhythm guitarists Rob McNelley, Bob Britt and Kenny Greenberg, keyboardist Kevin McKendree, drummer Tom Hambridge, vocalist Mycle Wastman, The Memphis Horns and special guest vocalists Grammy-winner Bobby Rush, and Blues Award winner Mike Zito.

Hambridge stated: "I'm so very proud of this major step forward in Jim's journey as a Bluesman. We had an absolute blast co-writing some of the songs, planning and recording Prime Blues and we're anxious for blues fans around the globe to hear these incredible tunes and performances."

Featured in Apple Music and receiving wide critical acclaim, Allchin's last LP, Decisions, topped Contemporary Blues and Blues Rock charts for months and was named a Top 20 Blues Rock Album of 2017 by the venerable Roots Music Report. The LP registered nearly 1 million plays on Spotify.

Allchin adds: "The title Prime Blues refers to both my love of the blues as well as my love of mathematics. Prime Blues is more concentrated blues than my past albums and at the same time more diverse in terms of style, guitar technique, and guitar tone. Each song tells a story - about an experience, life observation, or my life philosophy in general. I hope you find some of these songs just flat out fun!"

Jim Allchin Notes:



Jim Allchin is an American blues-rock guitarist, computer scientist, and philanthropist. He grew up on a farm in the deep South, left to earn Masters / Doctorate degrees from Stanford University and Georgia Institute of Technology and went on to become a recognized leader in Computer Science and Software. While growing up in the south, I fell in love with the Blues. I have played it ever since. He has written, performed, and recorded throughout his life.

His newest album, Prime Blues, is his fourth widely-available solo album and second produced by 2x Grammy-winner Tom Hambridge. It was recorded, mixed, and mastered in Nashville. Prime Blues features 14 new tracks performed by an all-star group of musicians including bassist Glenn Worf, rhythm guitarists Rob McNelley, Bob Britt and Kenny Greenburg, keyboardist Kevin McKendree, drummer Tom Hambridge, vocalist Mycle Wastman, The Memphis Horns and special guest vocalists Grammy-winner Bobby Rush, and Blues Award winner Mike Zito.

"I started playing music in my early teens. My first instrument was the trumpet. I became fairly capable, but my teeth got loose and kept cutting my lips to the point of bleeding when I was going for the high notes. So, I saved up money and bought a acoustic guitar. Here's me singing (on the right) at a studio when I was a teenager.

I grew up in the deep south. I learned to play by listening to blues players and latin players or even new groups at the time (e.g., Allman Brothers). I traveled around playing in bands and writing music - mostly blues rock. I met some amazing musicians. I played 16+ hours a day. And I learned to hard lesson in the music business: being good matters, but there are lots of great musicians - luck matters too."







¡¡Amor & Jazz!!

www.jimallchin.com



www.jazzglobalbeat.blogspot.com         jazzglobalbeat@gmail.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario